Lochore Meadows is an inland loch which allows various types of
watersports, from windsurfing to sailing and kayaks.
It costs about £2.50 to launch through the week, £5.00 to
launch at the weekend. When you pay, you will get a wee red flag to
put on your boom to act as the 'ticket'. This covers rescue boat cover
and use of the changing rooms (incl showers).
During the week, you can launch from 1pm - 7:30pm; you must be off the
water by 8:30pm.
Weekends you can launch between 10am and 4:30pm, off the water by 6pm.
From the leaflet, the following rules apply:
- Public launching is allowed within loch opening times, and is at
the discretion of park staff. (times vary throughout the season,
phoning in advance is advised)
- Users must check-in at Outdoor Education Reception before launching,
collect a tag and display it on their craft.
- Users must wear appropriate buoyancy aid and protective clothing.
(windsurfers should either have buoyancy aid or harness attachment).
- Use is restricted to the watersports area: see leaflet for diagram.
- Respect anglers and stay 50 metres from boats and banks.
- Use of the loch is 'at your own risk' and does not cover
insurance. Users are recommended to obtain appropriate cover.
- In high on-shore winds (Force 6+) a red flag will fly and boat
rescue withdrawn. Canoes, kayaks and dinghies are unsafe in such
conditions. Windsurfers wearing buoyancy aids and helmets may wish to
launch at their own risk. High off-shore winds close the loch.
- People launching are deemed to have agreed to these rules
Tel: 01592 414 312